Friday, March 20, 2009

moving mountains

i recently picked up the book, "mountains beyond mountains" at the urging of my new friend jill smith. this is the story of dr. paul farmer, a harvard school of medicine graduate and staff member who has dedicated his life to bring medical help to haiti and other areas of the world that are impoverished and often overlooked. this is one of the those books that tell the story of ordinary people doing extrodinary things much like greg mortenson and his work in northern pakistan and afghanistan and his book, "three cups of tea". these are people that inspire, teach and bring hope to the world. these are people that are just like you and me. the difference is they do where most don't. i am hoping that this trip to haiti in a few weeks will be my stepping off from the don'ts to the do's.
i booked my flights last night and i am getting ready. i am a little scared but that seems to subside moment by moment. if i trust in God, He will see me through.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My prayers are with you. I can't wait to hear about your trip and see your documentary! God speed!