Monday, January 26, 2009

yesterday

yesterday the augusta-based band, number 9, played at truenorth church to open a five week series titled, "all you need is love". it was a fabulous morning. i doubt the guys in the band have played many, if any, churches and doubt they have opened a set at 8:30am many times either - but they did. they were great and i think Jesus was diggin' it as were george and john too. i am thankful to be a part of a church that is open to this. while they did not sing the song "yesterday" yesterday, as i began writing this blog post today, the song took life in me. i had not really looked at the lyrics to this song that paul mccartney wrote in the mid-sixties but it intrigues me. look at the first two verses;
Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.
Suddenly,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.
this song has been regarded as the most covered song of all time. a song of love lost. yesterday is gone and today may be all we have. what did you have yesterday that you want today and tomorrow? what do you love? is it just yesterdays love?
Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.
peace

No comments: