Friday, July 14, 2006

got the waffle house blues

it's been a few days since sitting down to write and i don't like that. i like to put down some thoughts even if it is just me reading it. i am trying to make fridays my day off and today i am suffering from the waffle house blues. slept in late and then did the waffle house shuffle - i kinda shuffled in. my wife and i get the same thing pretty much every time we are there. they must of had a flat grill trainee or something 'cause as hoyt used to on "john boy and billy" "how'd that go? not too good!!" hoyt might still say that, but i don't listen anymore. speaking of listening, gotta give a shout out to dc*d and the new b collision cd. man these guys never cease to amaze me with their eclectic creativity. you know how some bands' music sort sounds the same from disc to disc? not crowder. i have been stuck lately on the lime c. it flat out rocks!
btw - i'm working on a list of the five people i would love to have lunch with and dave is numero uno!! my number two gets scratched off the list this sunday as i am trekking over to canton, georgia to spend some time with gary lamb at "the stone". i am skyed! every time i call his church "the stone" i can't help but think of the stone that had been rolled away to show that Christ had risen!! it is such a blessing to get to know people like gary that are so real - no pretending he is something he isn't. i would put a link to his blog, but don't know how yet. it is call "mad babble from a church planter" rock on gary!
http://garylamb.blogspot.com/
love to those who read this and to those who don't too.

1 comment:

Brent Douglas said...

Scratch those 5 people off your list...or at least add me as a 6th since I didn't get that lunch you talked about this week! Uh huh! Promises promises...ha You goin' after church to meet Gary or is this a "cheatin' on TNC" day? I'm filling in with the band this week, too, dogonnit. 'Course you've got another couple Sundays for that soon enough to redeem your absence this once. I'm going to Charlotte tomorrow (err..today since it's after midnight) to pick up some lighting gear for my band that I won on eBay and also shopping for some at Guitar Center. Should be fun. Keep writing on here, I get bored at work during the week. It's you, Kev, Walt, and the trifecta of Perry Noble, Lee McD and Ken Wilson at NewSpring that keep me blog-ally entertained on my lunch break at work...and both Perry and Lee are on a 3 week sabattical, so they're a bit slack right now!

Brent